Besides the excellent benefits many other firms offer, such as a 401K plan, profit sharing, a comprehensive insurance program and continuing education, SCHMIDT & STACY® has the added appeal of being a place where people quite simply enjoy working. The firm is stable, presenting the opportunity for a long-term career, and the camaraderie among the staff is immediately apparent. The Dallas headquarters features innovatively designed offices with easy access to surrounding areas via a light rail mass transit station.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
We are currently hiring for the following position:
See below to read a description of the position. If interested, please email Rick Murray at email@example.com
Job Description Summary:
Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Assistant provides high-level, proactive administrative support to the firm’s executive team and principals. The Executive Assistant will use independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload and demonstrate leadership skills to support the entire office.
By fostering superior communication both internally and externally, the Executive Assistant will serve as a “barometer”, “gatekeeper” and “liaison” for the firm while ensuring client needs are met.
The Executive Assistant juggles a wide variety of responsibilities and plays a central role within the company by supporting the firm’s image, culture and people.
• Manages Ambiguity
• Problem Solving
• Situational Adaptability
• Client Focus
• Communicates Effectively
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Executive Assistant will serve a variety of functions including but not limited to:
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including composing and preparing correspondence,
producing information by transcribing, formatting, editing, retrieving and copying, as well as compiling documents for
• Enhance effectiveness by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting
and analyzing information; initiating communications.
• Proactively manages calendars, schedules, travel and appointments by anticipating current priorities and areas of focus
in order to prioritize and arrange future schedules.
• Prioritize phone calls/emails, providing ongoing public relations and assisting in resolving problems.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
• Serve as point person for firm’s strategic planning documents and initiatives.
• Assist with firm event coordination and sponsorships.
• Effectively communicate with others and solve problems on a daily basis.
• Support and collaborate with the firm’s Marketing/Business Development team.
• Build and foster relationships with key stakeholders in the industry.
Education and experience requirements:
• An Associate’s degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years strong experience supporting executive level management, preferably in the a/e/c industry.
• Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Advanced communication skills.
• Excellent writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong multi-tasking, follow-through skills and a sense of urgency.
• Self-management and hands-on approach.
• Flexible, polished, professional and outgoing.
• Must possess the confidence to interact one-on-one with management teams and/or intermediaries when necessary.
• Must exhibit high degree of discretion as relates to safeguarding confidential information.